Kumiko Woodworking Workshop
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
Join us in the woodshop for this 3-hour kumiko skill-building workshop!
Kumiko is an ancient Japanese woodworking technique of assembling individual pieces of wood, without the use of nails, into geometric patterns. Kumiko has been used in constructing shoji screens, latticework, and other decorative elements in traditional Japanese architecture. In this workshop, students will learn the basics of kumiko, including the use of hand tools to cut the pieces and assemble the frame. Each student will work on a small project to finish and take home.
Materials are provided. We recommend students bring their own eye protection, ear protection & apron. Aprons for sale here.
No experience necessary. Ages 18+ welcome.
• Military and sibling discounts: Email us for more information.
• Scholarships available: Click here for an application.
• Homeschoolers: Click here for enrollment details.
• If this class is full, click here to be added to the Interest List.
• If you would like to be notified of future offerings, join the Interest List to be notified when new dates or spaces are available.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.